Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Review: Dinner @ Union Social Eatery, Toronto

The Union Eatery recently opened up near the Yonge & Sheppard area. I have dined at the location in Mississauga before, so was glad that they expanded to North York.

In my first visit, I ordered the grilled fish burger, which was… not good at all.  Maybe because I was expecting a fried fish fillet, but grilled fish does NOT go well in a burger bun.  I barely touched the dish and even after taking it home, had to throw it out eventually.

For drinks, I ordered Pimms & Ginger.  Pimms is a gin-based liquor made in England (I've never heard of it until now), and actually thought it was pretty good.  It's slightly on the sweet side, and I couldn't really taste the alcohol, it tastes more like a fruit punch actually.

Pretty disappointing meal overall, but it is probably my fault for not paying enough attention to the menu.  It did say "grilled" fish after all, so I will give Union Social Eatery the benefit of the doubt and give it another try if given the chance.

What I ordered:

  • Pimms & Ginger
  • Grilled fish burger (1)

Summary

  • The Bottom Line: fantastic service, but skip the grilled fish burger. Will go back and try something else
  • Score: 2.5/5
  • Address: 4899 Yonge Street (Yonge & Sheppard), Toronto
Related Posts (by Area):
Click to add a blog post for Union Social Eatery on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment