Thursday, November 19, 2015

Review: Omescape: Mysterious Study


There are no spoilers in this review.  However, if you prefer to know absolutely nothing about this room, just know that Mysteriuos Study is my favourite room at Omescape Markham.  Now stop reading and make the reservation!

I have now played all the room at Omescape Markham, and here's how I would rank them (based on my personal experience).

From Best to Worst (but honestly, there are no "bad" rooms at Omescape):

  1. Mysterious Study (this review)
  2. Penitentiary
  3. Joker's Asylum
  4. Kingdom of Cats
  5. Dark Altar

Click here for a list of other escape rooms I have tried.

Mysterious Study has it all - personally I think it has the best features of Penitentiary and Kingdom of Cats.  All the puzzles flow logically, and there's a nice balance of exploration and logical puzzle.  All in all, my favourite room at Omescape Markham.

It's not a difficult room - the 6 of us were able to get out with 1 minute to spare with ZERO hints required.  That's right - no hints!  To succeed, you'll need to have a good group composition where each individual excel at a different skill - logic, math, "finding things", etc.  As with rooms we have come to expect from Omescape, they are extremely well designed with attention to detail.  This is a multi-room escape.  But unlike Dark Altar, this is not a scary room (yay to that!).

Mysterious Study remains one of my favourite room at Omescape.  *Maybe* it's because we escaped with no hints.  I'm not sure, but either way, gather a group of friends and try it out!

Summary

  • The Bottom Line: One of the easier rooms at Omescape.  Also my favourite at this location.  I recommend 4-6 players for this room.
  • Score: 5/5

Related Posts




No comments:

Post a Comment