Friday, November 27, 2015

My Kitchen Recipe: How to make Korean Chicken with Sempio Andong Chicken Simmer Sauce


Hellooo my lovely friends!  I have this random packet of Korean sauce sitting in my cupboard for many months now, so have finally decided to use it.  

Now, I don't speak Korean, and as this was a gift from someone that went to Korea, unfortunately all the instructions were in Korean.  Uh-oh.  Luckily.  Aerie's Kitchen saved the day.  I found a recipe in a blog that showed you how to prepare this dish IN ENGLISH.  Thanks!  Here is the recipe that I used as inspiration Aerie's Kitchen.

Ingredients

  • 1 packet Sempio Andong Chicken Simmer Sauce
  • 8 chicken thighs
  • 4 Parsnips
  • 2 Onions
  • 1 Spring Onion
  • 1/2 cup of Carrots

Steps (adapted from Aerie's Kitchen):
  • Put the chicken in boiling water for a minute to remove the fat.  Drain fatty water.
  • Add 1 cup of water with the sauce.  When mixture boils, reduce to medium low and cook for 10 minutes.
  • Add the chopped onions, carrots, and parsnip to the pot and cook.
  • Add green onions.
  • Serve and enjoy!

This is really a simple dish to make, and the sauce is perfect with the chicken.

Related Posts


No comments:

Post a Comment