Friday, October 30, 2015

Review: Escape Room @ Omescape: Mysterious Study


Mysterious Study is my 9th escape room, and boy, was this ever the BEST!

We were a group of 6, with 4 experienced and 2 new players.  At this point I'm no longer a rookie with escape rooms, so knew (kinda...) what to expect.

As always, we were blindfolded and ushered into the room. This is a multi-room escape.  Our game master gave us the usual background.

Back to the game.  After my big fail at the Penitentiary, I find the puzzles at Mysterious Study to be much easier to solve, and I just love how the theme is tied so well together. 

Did we manage to escape?  YES WE DID.  WIth ONE minute to spare.  AND we got on the wall of fame because we did not ask for any clues.  I did not think I could do it with no hints.  But we did!  So now there is a happy photo of us on the wall of fame.  Look for it next time you're at Omescape!

If you're looking for recommendations for rooms at Omescape, I would say start with Mysterious Study or Kingdom of Cats, and save Joker's Asylum and Penitentiary for last, when your group has gained enough experience to be able to quickly identify the puzzles and how to solve it.

Summary

  • Bottom Line: Best escape room game yet.
  • Score: 5/5

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment