Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Review: Dinner @ Nam Sandwich Shop, Toronto



Tonight we made a reservation for yet another escape game (yaaaay!) in downtown Toronto.  This allows me a chance to also try out some of the restaurants in the Trinity Bellwoods area.

My fellow escape game adventurer suggested Nam Sandwich Shop, so that's where we headed.  The restaurant is to the west of the park, so if I were a dog owner (which I'm not because I have a hard enough time learning how to take care of myself…), I would grab a bun, and head towards the park for a no fuss Asian fusion sub.

The restaurant interior is simple and well designed, with a few tables here and there, but the layout of the restaurant would suggest that they cater more towards take out customers.

After spending a few minutes staring at the menu on the wall, and trying to decide on what we'd like for tonight, we settled on the the coconut meatballs sandwich, lemongrass gilled chicken sandwich, yam fries, and the pork belly bao.  Once we placed the order and paid, we sat in the bench area and waited a few minutes while our baos were being prepared.  

My bao came in a little white box, and although cute, I question the necessity of it since the boa was also wrapped in foil.  It's like wrapping a McChicken, and then putting it in a paper box.  Not very environmentally friendly!

I have to say, my favourite was by far the pork belly bao, which tastes suspiciously like peking duck. I'll need to make a mental note to try their pork belly sandwich next time and compare, but the pork belly was out of this world good!  I'll be sure to drop by Nam next time I'm in the area (maybe another escape game?  heheee).

What was ordered

  • 5/5 Excellent
    • Pork Belly Bao ($4)
  • 4/5 Good
    • Lemongrass Grilled Chicken ($6)
    • Yam Fries ($5)
    • Coconut drink
  • 3/5 Average
    • Coconut meatballs ($5)

Summary

  • The Bottom Line: Get the Pork Belly Bao with the Fresh Coconut drink.
  • Score: 4.5/5


Yam Fries 

Pork Belly Bao

Fresh coconut drink

Related Posts

Nam Sandwich Shop Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment