Friday, October 2, 2015

Review: Dinner @ Jerusalam Restaurant, North York



The company that I'm with likes to schedule periodic team building dinner events.  It was on such one occasion that I came to Jersusalem Restaurant for a week night dinner buffet.  The restaurant, located on Leslie north of Sheppard, is located at the same plaza as a Shoppers Drug Mart.



Once you step inside the restaurant, you'll be greeted with a unique layout.  It is styled with an inner courtyard, with a central atrium where natural light gently cascades into the seating area via a sunroof.  There are some indoor trees that act as decorations to further enhance the indoor courtyard theme.



The restaurant was pretty empty, with only a few tables full.  Dinner is a buffet style, and the food was mediocre    There were salads, a roast beef table, and other fish and meat.  I wasn't entirely sure if it's the food that didn't agree with me or what, but I got a pretty bad stomach pain after the first plate, and had to get some Pepobismo from the adjacent pharmacy.  I was somewhat disturbed to find flies hovering some of the plates, maybe I shouldn't have taken food from those areas.



As I sat there with my stomach pain, wondering if I should leave my dinner company, I was surprised by some middle western music suddenly blasting through the speakers.  Shortly afterwards, a belly dancer appeared!  She performed a few pieces while we awkwardly looked, but it was all in good fun and I'm glad that they provided entertainment.



Would I recommend this place?  Not if you have a weak stomach like me.  I normally don't get sick from ethnic foods (curry and the like), but this place really gave me stomach pains for the next day or so. 


Summary

  • Bottom Line: Belly dancing show was a nice touch!
  • Score: 3/5
  • Address: 4777 Leslie Street (Leslie & Sheppard)

Related Posts

Jerusalem Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment