Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Review: Reif Estate Winery, Niagara-on-the-Lake

The Bottom Line

This German winery is a good stop in your Niagara-on-the-Lake tour. 
  • Overall rating: 7.5/10

Recommended

  • Ice wine peach gelato

Overview

  • Address: 15608 Niagara Parkway, RR#1, Niagara-on-the-Lake
  • Time to spend: 1-2 hours

The Winery

One warm September afternoon, I was feeling adventurous and tried tandem biking for the first time. I didn't know how to bike (weird, right?), so tandem was still a bit intimidating for me.
We were late for our reservation, so the only time we had was to visit Reif Estate Winery. With its distinct German themed decor and a German name, it is different from the other wineries in the area. I was greeted at the entrance by what seemed to me like Snow White's wishing well.
When we arrived at the entrance, there was another bike tour, so we parked our bike at the busy bike rack and headed towards the winery. It was a hot day, so we got an ice wine peach gelato to share, it was delicious and creamy, and good refreshment after a hard (it was for me) ride.
I wish we stayed at the winery and explored the area more, but time was running out and we had to return our bike. This German winery has intrigued me, and I will sure be back!

Related Posts


No comments:

Post a Comment