Sunday, March 29, 2015

Review: Living waters wayside chapel, world's smallest chapel, Niagara-on-the-lake

The Bottom Line

The world's smallest chapel is really is very small! Cute pit stop along your Niagara winery tour.

Overall Rating

  • Overall Rating: 8/10
  • Experience: good
  • Value: excellent (free!)

Time to Spend

  • Time to spend: ~30 mins

The Chapel

On a warm September weekend, we rented a tandem bike  and came across this chapel on our way to other wineries. It was my first time riding a bike, and my behind was feeling the effort 5 minutes after I started biking. I was grateful for any excuse to stop for a few minutes, and the chapel appeared to provide me with the perfect excuse for a quick pit stop!
From the outside, there is nothing special about the chapel. It really just appears to be a large shed. It wasn't until I stepped inside that my mind is befuddled by what my eyes are telling me. Why is the place so tiny? Is this for real or is it a replica? It was actually pretty fun, the chapel can really only sit 6 individuals, and had the feeling of a small aircraft.
After visiting the chapel, which really would only take 10 minutes, I head over to the fruit market next door, where I enjoyed a fresh blubbery pi with "pi" on it. How clever! The only thing that would make this more clever is if they put the "pi" mathematical symbol. Ha!
A cute pit stop during my winery tour. It's worth a stop by for the photo op and for a quick break.

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment