Tuesday, February 24, 2015

L'Express dinner review, Montreal

The Bottom Line 

Authentic looking French restaurant with above average food.

Rating: 7/10

Recommended Dishes

  • Bone marrow with coarse salt

Overview

Address: 3927 Rue Saint-Denis, Montreal. H2W 2M4
Recommended duration: budget 2.5 hours

The Atmosphere

My friend, a self proclaimed foodie, insisted on visiting Restaurant L'Express at every Montreal trip. The restaurant is a charming Parisian style bistro, with a long bar and classic black and white checkered floor. Classic and authentic. By the time we arrived, the place is already bustling with guests.



The Food

For appetizers we ordered the french onion soup, fish soup, and bone marrow with coarse salt. My favourite was bone marrow. It's not what I would normally eat at home, but the marrow was surprisingly flavourful and soft.

French onion soup
Fish soup
Bone marrow
For the main course, I ordered the hanger steak with shallot butter and fries. While I would say that the steak was delicious, I thought that the fries were only average.

Hanger steak with shallot butter and fries

Related posts

No comments:

Post a Comment