Thursday, December 10, 2015

Review: Lunch @ Mr. Tonkatsu, North York


Parking at this location is an absolute pain.  Because there is limited parking outside the restaurant (5 - 7 spots), and you can't park in the side streets just off Yonge, you basically have to park in the Tim Hortons mall parking lot and walk towards the restaurant.

The Karage appetizer was crunchy and delicious, and the curry tonkatsu was light and crispy as well.  However, this otherwise satisfying meal was marred by slightly hard rice, and the unfortunate lack of parking near the area.

Between the Tonkatsu here and the one at Cafe Green Tea in J-Town, I can't decide which one I like better.  The Tonkatsu at Mr.Tonkatsu is lighter is crispier, but the rice is better at Cafe Green Tea.  However, the same dish costs 30% less at Cafe Green Tea, and as I never experience any problems with parking at J-Town, I would have to conclude that Cafe Green Tea is better both in terms of value and convenience.

What was ordered

  • 4/5 Great
    • Karage ($5.5)
    • Currty Pork Tenderloin Tonkatsu ($15.5)

Summary

  • Score: 4/5
    • Food was great - recommend the karage
    • Service was decent
    • Price was a bit on the high side
    • Seating environment was so-so. I am not a fan of stools and high table.  I don't know where to put my jacket!


Related Posts


1 comment:

  1. I have been visiting your recipe blog from past 3 months. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "Review: Lunch @ Mr. Tonkatsu, North York" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites Pure veg restaurant | Sweet Shop

    ReplyDelete