Friday, December 11, 2015

Lunch @ California Sandwiches, North York


A busy and popular place for lunch.  I ordered a Brio and the Veal Sandwich with mushrooms and cheese.  After a short wait, I was presented with a GIGANTIC sandwich.  Definitely enough for 2 meals.  The bread was fresh and soft, and the veal was thin (as it should be), and flavourful.  A very satisfying meal indeed.  The only downside was the Brio Soda - what a gross drink!  If you read the ingredients list, it's got a whole bunch of artificial ingredients.  Still, compared to Coke, I like that it is less sweet.  But then again, I don't drink soda and generally avoid sugary drinks where possible.  In any case, my dislike of Brio Soda has nothing to do with California Sandwiches - the place is great!

I was also pleasantly surprised that when I tried to order a latte, they apologized and told me that they are out of milk.  Instead, they presented me with a comp espresso.  Now that's great customer service.


What was ordered

  • 5/5 Divine
    • Veal Sandwich
  • 3/5 Good
    • Espresso
  • 2/4 Not my favourite
    • Brio Soda


Summary

  • Score: 4.5/5  
    • The veal sandwich was one of the best I've had
    • Price was decent considering the large portion size
    • Service was amazing!
    • Seating environment is casual but comfortable

Related Posts


California Sandwiches Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment