Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Review: Summerlicious Lunch at NAMI, Toronto

The Restaurant

What a beautiful week it has been for us Canadians!  Because Canada Day (July 1st) falls on a Wednesday this year, it has been a rather unproductive week for some (dare I say most?) of us.  In any case, I got the Friday off instead of the Wednesday, so decided to head downtown and try out some of the summerlicious menu this year.

We picked Japanese restaurant NAMI for lunch, primarily because of past good reviews from friends.  We arrived at about 12:30pm (height of the lunch rush), and was seated promptly in a somewhat busy restaurant.


Our server, dressed in a cute kimono, presented us with the summerlicious menu.  For those of you unfamiliar with summerlicious, it is essentially a special prix-fix menu consisting of 3 courses - appetizer, entree and dessert.  Summerlicious lunch at Nami is $25.

I decided to order from the Summerlicious menu, while my husband opted for the regular menu (he is a big fan of the black cod combo there).  For the appetizer I selected the tempura, which included 2 shrimp tempura pieces along with other veggie pieces.  

Entre was the sushi platter, which included 6 pieces of sushi and 3 pieces of roll.  It was decent, the sushi rice was good, although the portion was a bit small. Could use a few more pieces of rolls.

Dessert was the vanilla ice cream mochi, which was absolutely delicious. I was so blown away by the mochi that I wished there was a second piece!

My husband, whom opted to go with the regular menu, ordered a black cod combo.  I have to say, the black cod was waaay better than my sushi.  It also came with a veggie rice that was infused with flavour.  If I were to come back, I would order the black cod combo, and finish off with the mochi ice cream.



What we ordered

  • Black cod combo (5/5)- recommended
  • Mochi dessert (5/5)- recommended
  • Assorted Tempura (3/5)
  • Sushi (3/5)

The Bottom Line

  • Great atmosphere and service.  Although a bit on the pricey side, it is a good place to grab a lunch with a colleague.
  • Rating: 7.3/10
    • 4/5 for food
    • 3/5 for value
    • 2/2 for environment
    • 2/2 for service
    • 0/1 for experience
  • Address: 55 Adelaide St E, Toronto, ON.  M5C 1K6
  • Time to Spend: budget 1.5 hours

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment