Sunday, April 19, 2015

Review: Breakfast at Sebastian Cafe, Toronto

The Bottom Line


Fantastic little French bakery. Perfect for a lazy Sunday morning. Order the warm croissant + coffee and enjoy!


What to Order

  • Croissant with ham and cheese
  • Coffee

The Restaurant


I first heard about this bakery during my MBA days, when we  had weekly Sunday morning group meetings. One of my fellow students showed up to one such session and declared that he's brought with him fresh croissants from the best bakery in town. Since that day, I was sold to Sebastian Cafe.


Fast forward a year, and I was driving along Yonge street one fine weekend morning and came across the actual store. I just had to go in. I saw someone at the cafe ordering a croissant with ham and cheese (I'm sure there is a real "french" name for this, but I don't know), and since it looked pretty amazing, I ordered one too.

It was divine. Warm gooey deliciousness. It went well with my croissant as well. In 5 happy delicious minutes, my whole meal was devoured. Compared to other (more) expensive brunch places, Sebastian Cafe satisfies my cravings without thinning my wallet!

Overall rating

  • Overall rating: 9/10
  • Ambiance: decent open space bakery 
  • Food: fantastic breakfast croissants! 
  • Value: slightly pricey for a bakery, but considering the quality of food, it's worth it. 

Time to Spend

  • Budget 0.5 - 1 hour

Related Posts


No comments:

Post a Comment